Catheter is a tube made of natural rubber, silicone rubber or polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It can be inserted into the bladder through the urethra to drain urine. After the catheter is inserted into the bladder, there is a balloon near the head of the catheter to fix the catheter. The tube stays in the bladder and cannot be easily removed, and the drainage tube is connected to the urine bag to collect urine.
There are 13 types of catheters according to the circumference of the outer diameter, 6F-30F. There are four types of adult catheters: 12F, 14F, 16F, and 18F. The F number is the outer circumference in millimeters. It is the legal unit . F is French. The conversion formula is F = 2πr. The rough conversion is F (mm) = 3 times the outer diameter (mm).
Dimension: 6F-30F, double progressive
Indications: Urination disorders caused by various reasons
Package: Ten per box
Classified by material as follows:
1. PWC material
2. Latex material
3. Medical silicone material
Classified by model as follows:
1. Children's catheter. Its size is relatively small, mainly 6FR, 8FR, 10FR.
2. Double-cavity catheter. The more commonly used are 16FR and 18FR.
3. Three-cavity catheter. There are two commonly used 20FR and 22FR.
4. Open type catheter. The more commonly used are 14FR and 20FR.
5. Large balloon / head catheter. The main models are 20FR and 22FR.
1. Urinary disorders caused by various reasons
2. Specific surgery (abdominal cavity, urinary tract, orthopedics, gynecology, etc.)
3. Need to record urine output per unit time
Wash hands and remove germs to prevent infection.
Prepare the following utensils: A cotton stick, a roll of breathable paper tape, a plastic bag, potty, physiological saline or boiled water, iodine disinfection solution (as needed) .
1. Place the potty into the patient's buttocks.
2. Separate the labia by hand or retract the foreskin.
3. Wet the saline or boiled water with cotton sticks, clean the catheter close to the mouth of the catheter for about an inch (2.5 cm), use one cotton stick at a time, and throw the dirty cotton sticks into your hand Inside the prepared plastic.
4. Check for any scabs or abnormal drainage or secretions. If so, please inform the medical staff to deal with it.
5. Fix the urinary catheter to the inside of the thigh (female patient) or the lower abdomen (male patient) with a breathable adhesive tape, and replace the sticking site every day to prevent long-term sticking or catheter compression, causing skin damage.
Technical Information of Catheter:
Quality inspection items
Sterility test: The silicone catheter should be sterilized after a certain sterilization process.
Cytotoxicity: should not be greater than level 1.
Sensitization: There should be no sensitizing bacteria.
Product appearance status:
1) Catheter: It should have good elasticity and flexibility, the outer surface should be smooth, clean, high transparency, the overall color tone is consistent, without obvious mechanical impurities, foreign objects and kinks.
2) Base: High transparency, uniform color tone, no bad molding, no obvious mechanical impurities.
3) Balloon: The transition is smooth, there should be no protrusions, distortions, no bubbles, pinholes, scars, etc. on the balloon.
4) Head end: closed, smooth, no scars, unevenness, bubbles, no obvious impurities
Elbow: should be smooth, free from scars and burrs
5) Side hole: There should be two symmetrical side holes (one side hole of elbow type), no burrs, scars, uneven bulge, residual waste, etc.
6) Printing: correct, clear, without blur and pollution.
7) Fiber foreign body: No foreign body larger than 0.3mm, no more than 3 smaller than 0.3mm.2
1) When the balloon is not inflated, the shape of its two ends should be smoothly connected with the body of the tube.
2) After the balloon is inflated, the bending of the head end should be less than 20 ° in the axial direction.
Airtightness: Check valve, side cavity, balloon and matching parts should be free of leakage and blockage.
Strength: The head end and discharge taper interface should not be separated from the test connector.
Connector separation force: The discharge taper interface should not be separated from the test separator.
Balloon reliability: The balloon should be leak-free and not affect the discharge hole.
Invasion test: The balloon should be free from leakage and rupture.
Kink resistance: The tube body should be free of creases or cracks.
Tensile Strength: The tensile strength of the connection between the base and the catheter should meet the following: 6-10Fr should be greater than 0.5kg. 12-18Fr should be greater than 1.5kg. 20-26Fr should be greater than 2.5kg.
X-ray contrast: X-ray impermeability, can confirm the indwelling site.
Sealing strength: 90g or more.
Single package state: There is no breakage, pinholes, or sealing that cannot be maintained aseptic.
Cleanliness: There are no foreign objects larger than 03mm2 inside and outside the package, and no more than 3 less than 0.3mm2.
Packaging design: The packaging should be able to withstand the impact of long-distance transportation.
1. Strictly perform aseptic operation: replace the vagina by mistake or immediately
2. Control the rate and volume of urine discharge in patients with urinary retention: do not fast, put 600-800ml tube
3. Observe and record the nature of urine color
(1) Normal: 1500-2000ml / 24h polyuria> 2500ml / 24h oliguria<400ml / 24h no <50ml / 24h
(2) Color: normal colorless transparent or light yellow, abnormal: hematuria, hemoglobinuria, bilirubinuria, chyluria
(3) Properly fix the urinary catheter and keep the pipe in general. Check and adjust the position of the urinary catheter when it is blocked, and repeat the flushing with furancillin if necessary.
(4) To prevent urinary tract infections, it is not necessary to perform bladder flushing every day, urethral scrub is required twice, the condition is stable, early extubation and strict aseptic operation are performed, daily urine bags are replaced, and long-term retention tube replacement catheters are replaced once a week. Encourage patients to drink more water during retention.
(5) Bladder function exercise: clamp the tube daily, loosen the tube once every 3-4h (except with dehydrating drugs)
(6) Prevention of urethral bleeding and urination: insertion is too shallow, and part of the air bag is close to the urethra, which is easy to cause urethral bleeding, so the upper urinary catheter is inflated or injected with water after entering the urine 4-5cm, and then gently pull the catheter out Just move; at this time, the air bag is just inside the urethra, which can effectively prevent urethral bleeding or exudation
(7) Postoperative prostate, traumatic urethral rupture: should continue to rinse for 2 to 3 days, pay attention to the irrigation speed early after surgery, too fast can make the wound hemorrhage, too slow internal bleeding and coagulation easily form blood clots and make drainage difficult. When the drainage fluid is bright red, the drip speed should be accelerated, the blood should be flushed out in time, and the blood pressure change should be observed at the same time. If there are blood clots or tissue fragments blocking the tube, you can squeeze the tube with your fingers. If it is still not smooth, add a certain pressure to flush the blood clot and discharge it. The amount of bladder surgery should not exceed 50ml per injection. After the irrigating solution is injected, it should be drawn out and reinjected, and repeated flushing.